Join the URHP
When you join the URHP, you are gaining entry into a register that holds excellence and professionalism in the practise of herbal medicine extremely highly. You are also going to be part of an incredibly friendly and supportive group of practitioners with whom you can engage on the level that you wish, whilst feeling able to access information and guidance as you may require it.
What you can expect from the URHP as a student member
- Extremely cost effective joining fee.
- Our URHP eherbalist journal sent digitally 3 times a year.
- Reduced rates to our yearly conference and AGM.
- Four hours free mentoring on qualifying, from one of our qualified members.
- Free membership from qualifying date to the next renewal, the following March.
What you can expect from the URHP as a full member
- Entry into our friendly and eclectic Register.
- Block insurance with Balens.
- Advice and support from our experienced council.
- Use of the registered trademark 'Herbmark'.
- Personal certificate of membership.
- Update on current legislation and herbal information from BHMA, MHRA etc.
- Information about current CPD opportunities.
- Reduced rates at our annual conference and AGM.
- Access to The Herbal Alliance website resources.
- Access to the members area of our website.
- The URHP eherbalist journal sent digitally 3 times a year.
What the URHP expects of its full members
- To sign up to our code of ethics.
- To conduct your practice professionally and to high standards in order to maintain the reputation of herbal medicine.
- To fulfil our CPD requirements.
- To have current professional and malpractice indemnity insurance.
- As practitioners, to source herbal medicines from reputable and high standard suppliers.
- To attend our AGMs at least every 3 years.
- To give time and expertise, wherever possible, to support the various aspects of the URHP's work.
Friends of the URHP
If you are a retired herbal practitioner or a member of the public with a keen interest in the herbal world, you have the option of becoming a 'friend' of the URHP. You will receive our Herbalist Journal twice a year as well as a copy of our newsletter via email. This option is subscription only and the cost is £20 annually. For more information, contact our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standards for membership entry into the URHP
Entry is automatic for students graduating from EHTPA accredited courses and who are willing to sign up to our code of ethics. They also have to carry current professional & malpractice indemnity insurance and adhere to CPD requirements.
We welcome applications from graduates of any course meeting EHTPA standards subject to completion of our interview process. We also consider applicants who, through other routes, are able to demonstrate from their training, experience and case studies that they have met these standards.
You will find all the details of the URHP standards of entry for Western Herbal Medicine, for Ayurvedic Medicine, for Traditional Medical Herbalism and for Traditional Chinese Medicine in the pdf document below which you can download.